About this Practice
Bruno Gerber is a consultant orthopaedic surgeon at the Harley Street Clinic, London, where he is able to provide a wide range of health services. His specialist interests are in biological ligament repair, computer-navigated joint replacement surgery, keyhole surgery for the ankle, knee and hip joints, and corrective orthopaedic surgery.
In order to provide comprehensive treatment for a complex range of condition and injuries, Mr Gerber employs the latest treatments, techniques and technology. A leader in his field and with many years of experience under his belt, he is able to provide a vast range of orthopaedic services, including:
- Computer-navigated hip replacement surgery
- Total ankle joint replacement
- Nerve and tendon entrapment surgery
- Cartilage grafting
- Computer-navigated knee replacement surgery
- Surgery for rheumatoid arthritis
- Computer-navigated biological cruciate ligament repair
- Patellofemoral joint reshaping (trochleoplasty)
- Ankle, hip and knee joint keyhole surgery
- Treatment for hallux (bunions) and other deformities of the foot
- Treatment for sports injuries
Mr Gerber qualified from Basel Teaching Hospital in 1974 and then competed specialist orthopaedic training in 1984. Following this, in 1988, Mr Gerber worked as a Junior Consultant at Basel University Teaching Hospital before taking up the position of Head Surgeon in the Orthopaedic Department of Neuchatel general Hospital in 1992. He also concluded a Fellowship at the Arthritic & Orthopaedic Hospital in Toronto.
He has spent his time working at University Hospital Lewisham, London, since 2002 as a Senior Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon. During this time Mr Gerber has established a reference centre for computer-navigated orthopaedic surgery, and he is widely regarded as a world leader in this field. He has also had many papers published on his work and he has lectured in countries all over the world.
Review this Practice